Saturday 30 March 2013

During the rehearsals at the kibera informentors office. The choir practices for about two hours.
We take one hour for the introduction of the new song. Having a new song every week is our goal. these are short songs of around three minutes to four.
I allow them to hear the songs from the original music then, I write the song on the black board for them to sing along as I help them with the perfect voices.

My aim is that am able to divide  them into different voices, so that they can create good melody.
Seeing  the passion in the eyes of theses children is very inspiring for me.
Their parents are so positive for I starting the choir, with nost of them saying that I will nurture the talents of their children at an early age.
music also helps the children not engage in bad activities after they come from school. At the time that they come from school, their parents are not yet home. Having the choir after their classes assure their parents that they are up to something worthwhile and productive too.
My prayer is that, these children will serve as an example in their communities and schools.
In their behavior and way of approach, that they will be unique.

No comments:

Post a Comment